Re: How can be user time management implemented through netfilter for MASQ?

On Monday 09 August 2004 9:56 pm, E-mail by Joe wrote:

> hi/
> I'm facing some problem for user time management like
> Squid. I want to let some user get the internet connection for 12 hours and
> some users for 24 hours. how can i do  this with netfiltering?

Use the "-m time" match.

You can match on:
 - earliest time of day a packet may match
 - latest time of day a packet may match
 - day of week a packet may match
 - earliest date a packet may match
 - latest date a packet may match

You could set up one rule matching the 12 hour slot you want to restrict some
users not to be able to use, and jump to a user-defined chain which checks
for the IPs you want to block during that 12 hour period.

Regards,

Antony.

--
If builders made buildings the way programmers write programs, then the first
woodpecker to come along would destroy civilisation.

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.