Re: Blocking programs with IPtables

Thanks Antony,
i will continue looking for a solution,
sorry if subject was a off-topic.
Leo.

Antony Stone escribió:
Your question is clear.

This cannot be done with netfilter (because all imap connections look the same to netfilter, no matter what client or server software is being used)

I cannot think of another way to do it either, because I would be surprised if Outlook sent anything in its connect message to identify itself as Outlook (the server end of a connection often does, but the client end usually doesn't, except for web browsers).

Sorry - but perhaps someone else here can prove me wrong?

Regards,

Antony.