Re: Universal Address Translation

On 24 July 2004 pm 20:47, Cedric Blancher wrote:
> Le sam 24/07/2004 à 15:32, Rio Martin. a écrit :
> > I am so curious to find out more how to use Universal Address Translation
> > with iptables.
> What is "Universal Address Translation" please ?

I did googling first before i posted to this list:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=%22Universal+Address+Translation%22&btnG=Google+Search

and found interesting link:

[isp-wireless] RE: How do Hotels, Starbucks, Hot Spots do this? ...
... Better yet most of the vendors below support Universal Address
Translation,
which allows a user to connect no matter what the ip or static vs. dhcp. ...
isp-lists.isp-planet.com/ isp-wireless/0404/msg01168.html - 21k - Cached -
Similar pages

Actually the idea is the same as link above. UAT (Universal Address
Translation) works to handle Address Translation for Hotspot Client Access,
which clients no need to change anything for their PCs or Notebooks to access
to Internet. Eventhough they put wrong TCP/IP Configuration, they still able
to surf to Internet.

Thats what i got for the definition and meaning of Universal Address
Translation.
Perhaps anyone would like to correct or add some information more regarding
this ? Please..

Regards,
Rio Martin.