Re: Universal Address Translation

On Saturday 24 July 2004 2:32 pm, Rio Martin. wrote:

> Dear folks,
> I am so curious to find out more how to use Universal Address Translation
> with iptables.

What do you mean by "universal" address translation?

> Is there any document related to this ?

Well, there's this, but I don't know if it is quite what you're looking for:
http://www.netfilter.org/documentation/HOWTO/NAT-HOWTO.html
it discusses how to do Network Address Translation with netfilter.

You could also try Oskar's excellent tutorial:
http://iptables-tutorial.frozentux.net/chunkyhtml/targets.html#DNATTARGET
http://iptables-tutorial.frozentux.net/chunkyhtml/targets.html#SNATTARGET
http://iptables-tutorial.frozentux.net/chunkyhtml/targets.html#MASQUERADETARGET

Regards,

Antony.

--
These clients are often infected by viruses or other malware and need to be
fixed.  If not, the user at that client needs to be fixed...