Re: connection limit per ip

On Tuesday 20 July 2004 6:52 am, Mohammad Shakir wrote:

> I have red hat linux 7.3 with normail dialup and i have 15 clients which
> are connected with my linux box.
>
> I am using simple MASQUERADING for internet sharing, now i want to put
> limit of 1kb limit for each user.

Try the "dstlimit" match in current versions of netfilter.

Quoting from the man page: "This module allows you to  limit  the  packet  per
second (pps) rate on a per destination IP or per destination port base.  As
opposed to the `limit' match, every  destination ip / destination port has
it's own limit."

Regards,

Antony.

--
Normal people think "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".
Engineers think "If it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet".

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.