Re: Squid Accelerator configuration

On Monday 19 July 2004 9:33 pm, Jim Matthews wrote:

> Antony
>
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> I added port 113 to the "allow" list and when I tried to reconnect to the
> Squid box, those 113 port packets are still being dropped.  Any idea why
> the port 80 packets are being dropped as well?  I think my rules are setup
> correctly, so I'm not sure why they're not being allowed.  I'm attaching
> my rules if someone would like to take a look and see what's happening.

Maybe my earlier explanation was not entirely clear.

The squid *server* is the ident *client* - it initiates the connection to the
ident server running on the http client.

The rules for TCP port 113 in your ruleset seem to assume the opposite - that
one machine is both http and ident client, and the other machine is both http
and ident server.

Regards,

Antony.

--
I love deadlines.   I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.

 - Douglas Noel Adams

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.