Re: LAN accessing DMZ

On Sun, Jul 18, 2004 at 08:12:13PM +0100, Antony Stone wrote:

> > > I do not understand how you can connect through this ruleset to TCP port
> > > 10000
> >
> > I have squid on this machine. Is it because of that?
> > Is it passing thru' squid cos' I enter in my browser
> > https://10.10.10.2:10000
>
> Yes.   A web proxy running on the same machine means that the INPUT and OUTPUT
> rules apply, not the FORWARD rules.

Oh! got it now. But now the problem I faced was that my users could not
use hotmail. But once I allowed FORWARD for port 443 they could easily.
Now, if you say FORWARD rules are not applied for web proxy on same machine,
why do i need to open port 443 for hotmail, where as I have declared 443 as
Safe_port in squid's configuration file.

With warm regards,
-Payal