Re: LAN accessing DMZ

On Sunday 18 July 2004 7:51 pm, Payal Rathod wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 18, 2004 at 06:59:47PM +0100, Antony Stone wrote:
> >
> > I do not understand how you can connect through this ruleset to TCP port
> > 10000
>
> I have squid on this machine. Is it because of that?
> Is it passing thru' squid cos' I enter in my browser
> https://10.10.10.2:10000

Yes.   A web proxy running on the same machine means that the INPUT and OUTPUT
rules apply, not the FORWARD rules.

Antony.

--
"There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in their home."

 - Ken Olsen, President of Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC, later consumed
by Compaq, later merged with HP)

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.