Re: Fwd: Re: Help with ICMP Ruls

Real Cucumber wrote:
I do have a state rule already for allowing any
established,related connections.

So should I add another one such as:

iptables -A FORWARD -p icmp -m state --state RELATED
-j ACCEPT

The current ruleset is attached (I've only excluded
the variables and logging sections of it).

# Allow previously initiated and accepted connections
# to bypass firewall tests (state matching)
iptables -A INPUT -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
iptables -A OUTPUT -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
iptables -A FORWARD -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT

If you have this three generic rules, you don't need separate rule just for ICMP. The generic rule will match all IP protocols (tcp, udp, and icmp).

--
Aleksandar Milivojevic <amilivojevic@xxxxxx>    Pollard Banknote Limited