Re: Proofreading

On Wednesday 14 July 2004 5:48 pm, Hudson Delbert J Contr 61 CS/SCBN wrote:

> what are you talking about proofread...i didnt preface anything or put that
> subject: there

No, that was the subject on the original email requesting people to proofread
the attached script.   I did not suggest that you had changed the subject - I
was simply wondering what it was you had responded to (the request to
proofread something) if you hadn't seen the script containing the ruleset.

> so get your facts straight about who saw what on what thread...dont
> ass-u-me you know what anybody may have read.

I am now well aware that you did not see the original script, since you said
so in your last posting.   That is why I just attached it again in my last
posting, so that you could see it this time.   The only assumption I made
previously was that you saw the same email on the list as I did, which seems
perfectly sensible to me, however I was quite happy to be corrected on this
when you pointed it out.

> send it inline...our filters are VERY GOOD.....must of stripped'em.

Why do you describe filters which strip out something you would have benefited
from seeing as "very good"?

I regard a false positive (security measures catching something
inappropriately) as worse than a false negative (letting through something
which should ideally have been caught).   At least in the latter case, there
is an opportunity to catch it somewhere else in the system.   In the former
case, you may never even get to know about it...

Oh, and by the way, please could you stop top-posting on this list?

Thanks,

Antony.

--
Normal people think "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".
Engineers think "If it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet".

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.