Re: SSH Connections Lost After 1 minute idle

Nick Taylor <nickt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I'm sorry, I haven't followed the entirety of this thread, but my thoughts
> > are as follows:
> >
> > Sometimes (on a nat box), the connection tracking can't tell the
> > difference between an "orphaned" connection (say the server crashed) and
> > an idle connection, so after a certian period, it drops the connection out
> > of its table, and of course, another packet that comes in later will get a
> > connection reset, because it has forgotten.

That's true, however, the timeout period on a TCP connection is 5 days (!), so
I don't think it can be used to explain why a connection might be dropped
after only a minute or so....

Antony.

--
RTFM may be the appropriate reply, but please specify exactly which FM to R.

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.