Re: router/firewall

Hello Askar,

On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 15:26:56 +0500
Askar Ali Khan <askarali@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ofcourse your contribution to this mailing list is greattt, no one but
> your there with solution to lot of ours problem :)
> heh i don't wana make your fly with all this sorta praises ;)
> /anthony blueshes
> ;)
Well, so I'm going to help out a bit now, too ;)

> its a very simple LAN :) what i want to do is instead of traffic for
> Internet goes from C------->A,       A--------->C
> its travel from C----->B------->A,                         A---->B----->C
> that only C uses the linux box as router/firewall, all the traffic
> from C first travel to B and then to A . :)
1) On C, set your default gateway to B's IP.
2) Turn on IP forwarding on B (IIRC it's /proc/sys/net/ip_forwarding)
3) See that B is accepting FORWARDing from C to A and back.

Only 3) is Netfilter stuff.

A small note: please quote only relevant parts next time; thanks.

Kind regards,

Leslie