Re: track bandwith used

MRTG is very good for monitoring bandwidth utiliization, web interface
is very cool it shows your inbound and outbound traffic graphically.

http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/
is a good place learning about MRTG and
http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/mrtg-unix-guide.html

is a very nice walk through to install and configure mrtg on unix, linux

regards