Re: traceroute

On Wednesday 30 June 2004 4:10 pm, Piszcz, Justin Michael wrote:

> ICMP is "allowed" when you -I INPUT ESTABLISHED,RELATED.
>
> You do not have to allow it explicitly (ie: allow icmp so other machines
> can ping your machine).

Please look at the rules which are being used:

$IPT -A FORWARD -p TCP -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
$IPT -A FORWARD -p UDP -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT

They are explicitly accepting TCP and UDP only.   ICMP will not be matched by
the above rules.

Regards,

Antony.

--