Re: make error with iptables 1.2.11

Hi, I attempted to build ip_tables again with a stock 2.4.26 kernel source and un-modified ip_tables source. And I am getting the same error.
Regards,

Chamara

At 05:00 PM 6/29/2004, you wrote:
On Tuesday 29 June 2004 9:45 pm, Chamara Gunaratne wrote:

> Hello All,
> I am trying to make and install ip_tables and I am getting an error when
> running make. I am running SuSE 8.2 with kenel release 2.4.26 and I have
> patched the kernel using patch-o-matic. The command I gave and the output I
> got is:
>
> iptables-1.2.11> make KERNEL_DIR=/usr/src/linux-2.4.26/
> Making dependencies: please wait...
> Something wrong... deleting dependencies.
> make: *** [../ipset/libipt_set.h] Error 1
>
> I would greatly appreciate it if somebody can show me what I am doing wrong
> here. Thanks !

What happens if you try a simple build of 1.2.11 without applying p-o-m first?

It would be good to know whether the error is in stock netfilter, or being
caused by the patches you've applied.

Regards,

Antony.

--
Bill Gates has personally assured the Spanish Academy that he will never allow
the upside-down question mark to disappear from Microsoft word-processing

 - Lynne Truss, "Eats, Shoots and Leaves"

Please reply to the list;
please don't CC me.