Re: over a 1,000,000,000 individual ips to block

For blocking pourposes why don't you use blackholes ?
I have a webserver that is permanently under DoS attacks , so I use blackholes.

Routing table can have million of rules or static routes, so is not a problem .

Let's say you want to block ip 11.22.33.44 . just type :

#ip route add blackhole 11.22.33.44/32

and all packets to 11.22.33.44  will be discarded.

if you type than :
#ip ro | grep blackhole
you will see all blackholes defined by you

you can blackhole your incomming traffic, but be carefull what you are doing .

As.Ro - Cont gratuit de Email si 50MB free webhosting. http://www.as.ro