over a 1,000,000,000 individual ips to block

I have a need to block 1 -> 2 million ips.
This edge firewall will be blocking dos attackers, spammers
from hitting our proxys, and mail/web servers.
I also need to be able to reload the 1 -> 2 million blocked
ips from time to time as they change.
But this list is not changing continuously.

Thoughts how to do this?
What would you recommend for a hardware?
The iptables set patch, what else?

I need to come of with a plan so I can begin testing for
deployment.

Thanks,

-Tim