Re: Send local traffic to a different server.

On Wednesday 23 June 2004 4:26 pm, Aldo Lagana wrote:

> am i wrong or can you not send traffic to another server simply with
> netfilter/iptables rules?  Does not that require iproute2?  In other words
> don't all of the rules assume that the NAT addresses are bound to local
> interfaces?

No, you can use any address you like in nat rules (both SNAT and DNAT).

Whether or not it makes sense is another matter (eg: do the packets get routed
back through the machine and get reverse-natted?), however netfilter will
allow you to specify whatever you like.

Regards,

Antony.

--
Software development can be quick, high quality, or low cost.

The customer gets to pick any two out of three.

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.