iptables 1.2.10 and linux kernel 2.6.7 problems.

Hi.
I have used iptables 1.2.9 with kernel 2.4.x since a week ago.
Now I'm using the new 2.6.7 kernel and iptables 1.2.10.

The problem is that my firewall script does not work anymore.
The setup is as followed:
 - Every thing in the kernel that has to do with the net filter options are
   Set to compile as modules. So I have done this in the beginning of the       script:

modprobe ip_tables
modprobe iptable_filter
modprobe iptable_mangle
modprobe ipt_MASQUERADE
modprobe ipt_conntrack
modprobe ipt_multiport
modprobe ipt_state
modprobe ipt_REDIRECT
modprobe ipt_REJECT
modprobe ipt_SAME
modprobe ipt_LOG
modprobe ip_conntrack
modprobe ip_conntrack_ftp ports=ab,cde,fgh
modprobe ip_conntrack_irc
modprobe iptable_nat
modprobe ip_nat_ftp ports= ab,cde,fgh
modprobe ip_nat_irc

I have two major problems:

1. modprobe ip_conntrack_ftp ports=ab,cde,fgh
   modprobe ip_nat_ftp ports= ab,cde,fgh
   Does not seem to work. I can't ftp to the defined ports. There is no
   answer what so ever.

2. $IPTABLES -v -A INPUT -i eth0 -p icmp -j DROP
   Does not work. I can still ping my compu, the packets are not dropped.

What you have to understand is that my firewall script worked fine before
the kernel change and iptables change.
So does anybody know anything about what has changed and can explain how
I could redesign my script. There are of course more iptables configs in the script, but everything is quiet basic, a lot of port forwarding and such stuff.

Thanks.

/Per