How to fill a ipt_entry structure to add a rule using iptc_append_entry()

Hi,

I am trying to add a simple rule to INPUT chain using
iptc_append_entry  but it fails.It says invalid
argument.

 I also tried sending the same ipt_entry structure
which was returned by the iptc_first_rule API.In this
case iptc_append _entry doesn't return an error but
iptables -L doesn't display the rule in the list also.

If somebody knows about the cause and solution please
help me.

thanks
Babula