RE: Allow active and passive FTP connections

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004, Sagara Wijetunga wrote:

> Today I upgraded the Linux kernel to 2.6.7.
>
> Applied following patches of the
> patch-o-matic-ng-20040302:
> init_conntrack-optimize NETMAP SAME TTL connlimit
> fuzzy iprange ipv4options mport raw CLASSIFY addrtype
> childlevel owner-socketlookup
>
> Compiled in all netfiter options to the kernel.

Could you post the output of

grep IP_NF_ .config

running it in the source tree of linux-2.6.7?

> After the server is booted with the new kernel, I
> recompiled and reinstalled the iptables.
>
> But my problem is still the same. The ?-m state
> --state ESTABLISHED? works well, but the ?-m state
> --state RELATED? does not work at all for FTP data
> connections. What have I missed?

You should post the complete list of your rules in all of the tables.

There is something definitely wrong in your configuration.

Best regards,
Jozsef
-
E-mail  : kadlec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, kadlec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx