Re: firewall without rules blocks packages

On Saturday 05 June 2004 2:06 pm, Joerg Bruenner wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have configured iptables:
>
> Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT 0 packets, 0 bytes)
> Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT 0 packets, 0 bytes)
> Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT 0 packets, 0 bytes)
>
> It should be wide open. But it is not:
> If I ping from firewall-box to box A A replies the
> expected way. If I ping from A to firewall A wont
> get an answer. Firewall recives the ping packes I
> verified.
> I can play the same with ssh or telnet ...
>
> What can I do?

Check the routing tables; check that services (ssh / telnet) are running;
check that A is not blocking packets; check the netmasks on the interfaces.

Regards,

Antony.

--
What is this talk of "software release"?
Our software evolves and matures until it is capable of escape, leaving a

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.