firewall without rules blocks packages

Hi,

I have configured iptables:

Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT 0 packets, 0 bytes)
pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
            destination
Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT 0 packets, 0 bytes)
pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
            destination
Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT 0 packets, 0 bytes)
pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
            destination

It should be wide open. But it is not:
If I ping from firewall-box to box A A replies the
expected way. If I ping from A to firewall A wont
get an answer. Firewall recives the ping packes I
verified.
I can play the same with ssh or telnet ...

What can I do?

Thanks a lot for help
Joerg

Mit schönen Grüßen von Yahoo! Mail - http://mail.yahoo.de