Re: Can I add a module to a prebuilt kernel?

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004, Jeff Gordon wrote:

> So I obtained the iptables-1.2.9 source package and compiled it.
>
> On 'make install', however I found libipt_recent.so was NOT placed into
> the loadable modules directory...!

The compilation process of the iptables binary will include whatsoever is
supported in the kernel *source* it was told to look at it. So if the
kernel source does not contain the recent module, it won't be supported
by iptables either.

Best regards,
Jozsef
-