Re: Can I add a module to a prebuilt kernel?

(Thanks, Joseph.:-)

So I obtained the iptables-1.2.9 source package and compiled it.

On 'make install', however I found libipt_recent.so was NOT placed into
the loadable modules directory...!

I don't know if that has something to do with its being a RedHat
system, or if it's something omitted from iptables' own config or
Makefile.  Either way -- I moved it there manually, and things appear
to be working as intended, now. :-)

Thanks kindly to the several folks who offered thoughts and assistance
on this.  I'll come back in a separate message with a question about
using either '--limit' or '-m recent' to address SYN floods.

 -- Jeff --

--

 -- Jeff --   <http://www.wellnow.com>

 "There's nothing left in the world to prove.  All that's worth doing
  is to love one another, using whatever means are available to serve."