Re: skip other iptables marking if packet is already marked

On Mon, 2004-05-31 at 10:16, Cedric Blancher wrote:

> I think your ruleset does not work because a packet without a mark will
> match your non-zero mark rule. I mean that no mark is different than 0,
> so all packets will match the first "-m mark ! --mark 0" rule.

Really?  No mark and mark 0 are different?

How do you distinguish an unmarked packet in a ruleset?

I ask because this relates to an as yet unanswered question of mine,
with Subject "CONNMARK restore-mark creates conntrack entry?"

Ciao,
Sheldon.