SuSE Linux and iptables

All,

I just changed from Red Hat Linux 9.0 to SuSE Linux
9.1; I had several rules working at home that I would
like to use in SuSE; however, SuSE comes with its own
version of firewalling (tied with YaST); I don't want to use their
version (it does not do *exactly* what I
want)...

I tried to unistall their SuSEfirewall2 package;
however, it is linked to yast, which is linkded to
DHCP and it goes on with the dependencies...

I just want to turn their firewall off and start
iptables on my own, with my own rules...

Has anyone done this?

Beforehand, thank you for your help!

This email message has been scanned for viruses.