Re: Can reach some websites, can't reach others

On Saturday 22 May 2004 12:59 pm, Sven Riedel wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm using a Linux 2.6.6 box as a masquerading firewall via dialup for a
> local network. From the internal network I can reach some websites (e.g.
> www.debian.org) but can't reach others (e.g. www.freshmeat.net). The
> unreachable sites _can_ be reached from the firewall-box itself though.

This sounds like an MSS / MTU mismatch poblem.   Try doing a Google search for
"clamp MSS to MTU" - that should give you some pointers.

Can't offer specific advice myself since I've never experienced the problem,
but I've seen it here from others several times before.

Regards,

Antony.

--
Most people are aware that the Universe is big.

 - Paul Davies, Professor of Theoretical Physics

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.