Re: ftp

On Thursday 20 May 2004 4:18 pm, azeem ahmad wrote:

> From: Antony Stone <Antony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> > Do you get the same error message from the server if you access it from
> > some machine which does not go through the firewall (and is not the
> > firewall itself)?   Even if you have to temporarily set up a client to
> > test this, I think it would be useful, because it would be good to know if
> > the server generates this error independently of anything the firewall is
> > doing to the packets.

> the server is accesible from other machines. for an example i goto squid
> mirror sites
> http://www.squid-cache.org/Mirrors/ftp-mirrors.html
> but even no server here can be accessed. here is a long list of ftp mirror
> servers. and also i set the rule up as u said. but still no luck

I am confused :(

Are we talking about one ftp server which you are getting the previously-
quoted error message from (and about which I have asked whether the same
error message gets generated when you access that particular server without
going through your firewall rules), or are you saying that you cannot access
any ftp server through the rules on your firewall?

> and i wanna ask something that is not relevant to list is that u quote very
> good quotations.

Thank you :)

> can u tell me from where i can get quotes like this

Steal them from my postings :) ?

> and also quotes that are relevant to computer science. infact i m a student
> and some time i need such material.

Google?

The quotes on my emails have been built up over some time, from a mixture of
articles I've read online, books and magazines I've read in print, a couple
I've thought up myself, and a couple I've stolen from other people's emails.

I wrote a simple bash script which pseudo-randomly selects which one to add to
each email I send, which is why you see different ones at different times.

Regards,

Antony.

--
If builders made buildings the way programmers write programs, then the first
woodpecker to come along would destroy civilisation.

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.