Re: Using External NATTED addresses Inside the Firewall

On Tuesday 18 May 2004 9:17 pm, David O'Brien wrote:

> At 03:49 PM 5/18/2004, Antony Stone wrote:
> >
> >http://www.netfilter.org/documentation/HOWTO/NAT-HOWTO-10.html
>
> Current setup from iptables-save
>
> Very much like the example at the link above however it doesn't work.
> Looks like its bouncing around.

What do you mean by "bouncing around"?

> Any logging option I could enable to actually see the above in action?

Well, "iptables -L -t nat -nvx; iptables -L -nvx" will show you packet & byte
counters so you can see whether any packets have matched the rules.

Other than that, a packet sniffer (eg: tcpdump, ethereal) would be good.

Regards,

Antony.

--
Microsoft may sell more software than any other company, but McDonald's sell
more burgers than any other company, and I think the other similarities are

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.