Re: open ports

On May 16, 2004 05:52 am, azeem ahmad wrote:
> i m also doing so but there is the problem of some programs that some times
> use dynamic ports like msn messenger uses dynamic ports for file transfer
> through it (i think so if it is wrong then tell me please) ad where the log
> will go and can i specify any file instead of the one default
>
> Regards
> Azeem

	Your logging is managed by your syslog daemon -- syslog.conf will tell you
where the log data are written.  The default syslog daemon will not allow
*too* much granularity on this front, but can be managed.  I've since
switched to syslog-ng which is more detail oriented, but takes a *lot* more
reading to manage.

	*with much snippage for brevity*

	Alistair Tonner