Re: Filter all but 1 calss c

On May 12, 2004 11:31 pm, Scott Miller wrote:
> Yep, sorry, IPTables - like I said, newbie.
>
> I'll check out the reference below.
>
> Thanks!
> Scott

	Okay then ---

	This will allow the box to talk ONLY to the network specified.
	Keep in mind that this might well break all SORTS of things.
	There is no port level filtering, no tcp/udp variation etc .. .but:
	it serves your request.

	You could get more elegant with interface names etc.
	(read Oskar's wonderful tutorials)

	notation -->  10.1.100.0/24
	(or whathaveyou)

	iptables -I INPUT -s {class c address with netmask} -j ACCEPT
	iptables -I INPUT -m state -state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
	iptables -I OUTPUT -d {class c address with netmask} -j ACCEPT
	iptables -I OUTPUT -m state -state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
	iptables -P OUTPUT DROP
	iptables -P INPUT DROP
	iptables -P FORWARD DROP