Re: selective connection tracking?

On Wednesday 12 May 2004 6:42 pm, fming@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am from the FreeBSD/ipfilter world.   I recently switched to Linux and
> netfilter.

Welcome to our world :)

> One question I have with netfilter connection tracking is whether there I
> can instruct the connection tracking to selectively tracking connections.

No.

> Looks to me once I loaded the conn_track modules, everything was tracked.

Correct.

> Is there a way I can specify, for example, that I only want http to be
> tracked? All other traffic will be dropped anyway, tracked or not.

If it's going to be dropped, there won't be a connection, therefore the other
traffic won't consume any connection tracking resources.

Regards,

Antony.

--
How I want a drink, alcoholic of course, after the heavy chapters involving
quantum mechanics.

 - 3.14159265358979

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.