Re: logging -- a newbie question

Pawel Mueller wrote:
I didn't meant the LOG target. There must be a file where all
connections are listed. I know, because I saw it once. But it was a half
year ago, so I can't remember. I know I read it in a howto. It was one
that described, how you can debuge a firewall and it mentioned a file,
where you can see the hole ACK, SYN and ESTABLISHED or DROPED stuff for
each package (I think) that passes the firewall.

AFAIK, no such thing. "netstat -a" will show you states of current connections to/from local machine. tcpdump is your friend while debugging firewalls.

--
Aleksandar Milivojevic <amilivojevic@xxxxxx>    Pollard Banknote Limited