Re: logging -- a newbie question

Hi,

On Fri, May 07, 2004 at 02:45:38PM +0100, Antony Stone wrote:
> Netfilter LOGs what you tell it to; it doesn't log anything
> automatically.
>
> Simply add a rule with the LOG target for the packets you're
> interested in.

I didn't meant the LOG target. There must be a file where all
connections are listed. I know, because I saw it once. But it was a half
year ago, so I can't remember. I know I read it in a howto. It was one
that described, how you can debuge a firewall and it mentioned a file,
where you can see the hole ACK, SYN and ESTABLISHED or DROPED stuff for
each package (I think) that passes the firewall.

Idea?

thx
Pawel

PS: sorry, my english is terrible :-(