Re: Redirect from internet to a LAN computer

On Tuesday 04 May 2004 11:24 pm, Hernan Dario Arredondo wrote:

> Hi every one... this is my question...
> I had a Web Server running in a Solaris Sparc for test in my enterprise
> LAN with private IP (192.168.2.XX) and no connection to Internet, but I
> need to demo my apps to external clients.

No connection to the Internet?   Then it is not accessible to external
clients.   You need a route to the outside world for the outside world to
reach the machine.

> I don't want to install the Web Server in my gateawy Internet server, is any
> way to redirect a port in the gateway to my Web Server...

If you have a gateway router between the machine and the Internet then a
simple NAT rule will allow people to see the web server.

Any tutorial linked from http://www.netfilter.org/documentation will tell you
to set this up.

Antony.

--
Normal people think "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".
Engineers think "If it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet".

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.