Re: I have no idea why this doesn't work...(further details)

At 03:57 PM 4/23/04 +0100, Antony Stone wrote:
> The server was set up because the ISP won't drop certain email
> restrictions, [...] the ISP has a limit of 99 emails per hour.
So?   Just set yourself up a mail server somewhere else...

That's what we're doing with the dedicated server.

>  From the ISP; they've given out a limited amount of information --
I still say find another ISP.

Not my choice. I suggested a few other ISPs with better plans and better service, but of course, they cost more. She's saving a few bucks a year on hosting and maintenance, but she's paying me my hourly rate over several days until this is worked out.

> > is there any good reason why you are not using ssh?
> Didn't know about it.  I just downloaded PuTTY.
Does that, um, gulp, imply that you're using Windows !?

Yeah, 'fraid so.

Okay, here's a revised version of the rules I previously posted, to take
account of the fact that there's only one machine:

Thanks. I probably won't have a chance to try this out until later this weekend. Hope it doesn't crash and burn again. :)

Mahalo,
-garison