Re: Iptables don't block traffic

On Thursday 22 April 2004 2:53 pm, Oscar Arranz wrote:

>     I have a Red Hat box running as a firewall in my network. It's
> working fine, but now I'm doing tests in order to block certain Internet
> traffic. I've added the following rules which should drop packets from
> my PC to a known public IP (a web server):
>
> iptables -A FORWARD -s 192.138.35.110 -d 193.110.128.200 -j DROP
>
>     But the packets are not droped because I still can connect to the
> web server.
>
>     The default rule for FORWARD chain is DROP
>
>    Any ideas?

You say you have added the above rule.

But, what have you added it *to*?

In other words, what other rules do you also have running on the machine?

That information would help us greatly in answering your question.

Regards,

Antony

--
Bill Gates has personally assured the Spanish Academy that he will never allow
the upside-down question mark to disappear from Microsoft word-processing

 - Lynne Truss, "Eats, Shoots and Leaves"

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.