NF_IP_LOCAL_OUT and libnet

hi

  Suppose I use libnet to inject packets into the kernel .. suppose they
are tcp packets with a different src ip and dest ip from my machines ip
.... which netfilter hook can i expect this packet to hit first ... the
NF_IP_LOCAL_OUT or the NF_IP_PRE_ROUTING hook .. ?

the netfilter unreliable guides state this

"The NF_IP_LOCAL_OUT [5] hook is called for locally generated packets. Here
You can see that routing occurs after this hook is called: in fact, the
routing code
is called first (to figure out the source IP address and some IP options),
and called again if the packet is altered"

Here what do we mean by "locally generated packets", the packets generated
by that machines application (irrespective of what src and dest ip that
packet carries) or the packets that have src_ip== that of this
machine(irrespective of whether they were generated by applications on this
machine or if they are coming from the network ??)

Please explain.

thanks
Amit

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems Limited
(HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is
addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential information and
should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is
intended. If you have received this message in error, please notify the
originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
notified that you are strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or
disclosing the contents of this message. HSS accepts no responsibility for
loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this
email including damage from virus."