Re: Rules for Blocking Proxies...

On Tuesday 20 April 2004 5:44 pm, Harry wrote:

> Hi All,
> I am running Fedora and Redhat 9 on two servers at my Cybercafe, connected
> on two Hi speed Lines, I have a decent firewall script, but these days I am
> facing issues about people changing the Proxy settings in order to get thru
> porn sites, can anybody suggest some rules which I can implement in the
> script that avoids connection to these servers? Suggestions are welcome.

The firewall should allow connections to remote web servers (ie TCP --dport
80, 8080 etc) from the proxy server's IP only.

Don't allow any other IP address in your network to connect to an external
address on dport 80.

Regards,

Antony.

--
"The problem with television is that the people must sit and keep their eyes
glued on a screen; the average American family hasn't time for it."

 - Report in the New York Times, following a demonstration at the 1939 World's
Fair.

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.