Re: Large number of repeated rules with only differing -s ipaddrs/cidrs

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004, Feizhou wrote:

> I don't know if such a question has been asked before and the archive
> didn't provide a search button...
>
> I have a whole bunch of ips/cidrs that I want to apply the rule to.
>
> Is there any way to insert one rule where the -s would be able to look
> up a table (btree/hash/cdb whatever) that contains those ips/cidrs
> instead of insert gazillion rules?

Yes, you can use either the ippool or the ipset extensions. ippool is
capable to store up to the number of IP addresses of a full B class network.
ippool can store network addresses as well and supports random
adressess/networks too.

Best regards,
Jozsef
-