Re: Packet sniffing... sort of

Antony Stone wrote:
Hi people.

This is not strictly a netfilter question, but I'm wondering if maybe someone can help or make a suggestion?

I want to pick up a packet stream, but for an HTTPS connection, and using a standard packet sniffer like ethereal just gives me the encrypted SSLv3 stuff, not the plaintext data which I need to see.

Antony,

Congratulations, you got it right in first guess. This, certainly, is not netfilter related question.

Now, a simple string like, "SSL man in the middle attack" on Google will give you what you desire.

All the best,
Anupam