Re: newbie question

On Thursday 08 April 2004 1:32 pm, Jeffrey Laramie wrote:

> Hey Antony,
>
> I just wanted to take a minute to say 'Thanks' for all the time you put in
> answering questions on this list. You probably help 10-15 people a day and
> while many thank you for your help, I want to say thanks for those of us
> who just listen in.

Hey, thanks, it's nice to remember that there's a lot more people on this list
than just those who post (questions or answers).

> I know that at least once a week I read one of your
> postings and think 'hmmm, I didn't know that'.

Good - in that case I'm doing a useful job :)   If I were posting replies
which people thought "yes, I knew that - why didn't the questioner just look
it up in a tutorial somewhere", then I'd probably just start saying "RTFM" or
posting hyperlinks instead of explaining my answers.

> Those postings get printed and added to my netfilter reference folder. You
> are a valuable asset to the list and I appreciate your effort. Thanks from
> all of us.

Thank you.   I regard netfilter as a great system, and it's just my way of
putting something back into Open Source.

Regards,

Antony.

--
w-- O !M V+++(--) !PS !PE Y+ PGP+> t- tv@ b+++ DI++ D--- e++>+++ h++ r@? 5?