Re: Problems regarding IPtables

On Thursday 08 April 2004 6:45 am, shantanu sharma wrote:

> we are supposed to capture a dns packet at the firewall and mangle it
> appropriately

> Shantanu Sharma
> B Tech student,
> Indian Institute Of Information Technology,Allahabad

Hm, I wonder how many more of you are going to ask us how to do your homework?

Unfortunately I couldn't actually understand what either of you were trying to
do - if you want an answer, please could you try explaining what the problem
is (in other words, what end result are you trying to achieve) instead of
telling us how you think it can be done, and going into all sort of details
about the mangle table rules?

Regards,

Antony.

--
Normal people think "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".
Engineers think "If it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet".

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.