Re: duplicating packets target

On Sunday 04 April 2004 10:31 am, Oguz Yilmaz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Are there any way of duplicating packets(in netfilter base, patchomatic
> or any third party patch?) targeted to one host to several hosts using
> targets?

This will obviously only work for UDP (not TCP, because of the sequence &
acknowledgement numbers), so you might find it easiest to set up a DNAT rule
to a multicast address, and then use a multicasting router to send the
packets to their required destinations?

I certainly can't think of a way netfilter can make two packets out of one -
its basic job, after all, is to turn one packet into none at all in some
circumstances (the DROP target)....

Regards,

Antony.

--
Microsoft may sell more software than any other company, but McDonald's sell
more burgers than any other company, and I think the other similarities are

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.