Re: Fairly complex multi-ISP firewall/router problem

What is the architecture between the rest of the world and your
firewall?  Is it possible to use BGP and only one of the public
subnets?  This would in effect move the redundancy of the public side to
the router(s) allowing you to use standard method's at the firewall.

We run a similar situation with one of our subnets, we have two circuits
from separate provider's who were both gracious enough to add the routes
in they're tables, if we lose one connection the rest of the world just
uses the other route in and we of course use the other route out.  The
downside is getting both upstream providers to cooperate in routing, the
upside is that you can utilize both links and keep things simple from an
addressing perspective.

Joe