RE: Re: Ports closed in spite of opening them?

you might have "/etc/hosts.allow" and "/etc/hosts.deny" files lying
around that WILL interfere, without you being aware of what's happening.
Happened to me while trying out ArchLinux (very nice distro BTW). I
would look for these files, and IF present, I would comment all entries
(while keeping the machine secure)

Ranjeet.

--

Ranjeet Shetye
Senior Software Engineer

The views, opinions, and judgements expressed in this message are solely
those of the author. The message contents have not been reviewed or
approved by Zultys.