Re: I thought ssh is port #22 ?!!

You should edit sshd_config with the port command and set it to 22.  If the directive is not present, I've had some versions of ssh listen on everything, others only 22.

You may also want to use the PermitRootLogin no directive to disable root logins and use a regular user account to log in and then su to root if need be.

As far as the firewall, you may want to setup your firewall to drop all packets except packets sent to needed services.

Hope that helps
Chris