RE: Redirect ports on localhost

> I remember struggling with this a while.  Beat my head against the wall
> for a month.  I finally discovered (after enabling bind debugging mode)
> the problem was in my named.conf file:
>
> ##########################
> # PORTS
> ##########################
> # The listen-on record contains a list of local network interfaces to
> listen on. Optionally the port can be
> # specified. Default is to listen on all interfaces found on your
> system. The default port is 53.
>     listen-on port 53 { 192.168.1.1; };
>     query-source address * port 53;

This isn't the case for me, though -- in fact, I'm not using BIND but
rather rbldnsd and specifying that I wish to listen on all interfaces. And
I know it does respond, because if I run 'nslookup' and then 'set port=
5300' and make my query, there is a response.

But if the port is on the default 53, the PREROUTING doesn't appear to
rewrite the destination port.

--
forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx