Fwd: The witty worm

Got this in...thought I would forward it on to the nerfilter list in the
interest of security.

According to the link.. "Witty is a network worm that spreads through direct
network connections, targeting machines that are running BlackIce security
software."

It exploits ICQ apparently... "Witty uses a vulnerability in ICQ instant
messaging protocol parsing routines of the ISS Protocol Analysis Module (PAM)."

It might be a good idea to start LOG lines for a source of port 4000 for
unusual traffic(for iptable secured gateways). This would be effective in Even
beter; block or limit these for awhile?

Good Luck to everyone.